Naturefest & Naturefest Run
Come join us for Naturefest, an expansion of Foxburg’s annual Birdwalk, on Saturday, May 4, 2013.
(Map and directions to Foxburg)
Events include a series of birdwalks along the Allegheny River Bike Trail as well as on RiverStone Farm. In the afternoon, visit RiverStone Farm for nature-related photographic opportunities. In the evening enjoy a dinner at Lincoln Hall with a folk singer, dinner and a presentation by a nationally known expert on the Golden Eagle. After the dinner program, go up to RiverStone Farm for an evening Owl Prowl on hay wagons.
Nature Field-trips with Audubon guides start in Foxburg, travel along the Allegheny river and up at the RiverStone Estate (transportation provided). Shuttles leave Foxburg every hour starting at 7:00 A.M. $15 Adult, $5 Children (12 and under).
Noon . . . Tales of a Trail Camera – a look into the intimate lives of our furry forest friends at Lincoln Hall. Free admission.
1:00 P.M. . . . Butterfly Release on the deck of Foxburg Inn.
2:00 P.M. . . . Nature photo-hike held at RiverStone Estate. Held in conjunction with a photo contest sponsored by Foxburg Inn. To enter, upload photos to the Foxburg Inn Facebook web site.
5:30 P.M. . . . Golden Eagle lecture/dinner. A presentation by Golden Eagle expert Trish Miller will coincide with a catered meal by the Allegheny Grille. $25 per person, preregister with the Foxburg Inn 724-659-3116.
8:30 P.M. . . . Owl Prowl via hay wagons at the RiverStone Estate. $5 per person $15 for family.
Vendors & Exhibits
- Leicher Family Farms – A variety of honey products and organics will be discussed as well as sold.
- Trout Unlimited – A vast array of trout fishing artifacts and material will be exhibited.
- Amphibian Ark – A collection of unique amphibious creatures will be on display.
- Herb Shed – A variety of herbs for your spring garden. Teas and herbal medicine make this a one stop shop.
- The Red Brick Art Gallery – Many samples of beautiful and natural artwork by local artists will be on exhibit and for sale.
- Local greenhouses – Spring plants ready for planting will be available for purchase.
- Quiet Creek Farms – Unique natural items are for sale and the science of mushrooms will be presented as well as sustainability topics.
- Seneca Rocks Audubon Society
- Allegheny RiverStone Center for the Arts
- Allegheny-Clarion Valley Development Corp. and the Foxburg Team of Businesses
5k cross country run/walk on a course at RiverStone Farm
Race Day Registration: 9:00 AM
Race Start: 10:00 AM
Your participation in Naturefest “Take Flight” 5k Run/Walk benefits Skye’s Spirit Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, a non-profit organization dedicated to the care, rehabilitation and release of injured, orphaned and displaced wildlife.
This is the third of a six part Foxburg Run/Walk series.
- PA Great Outdoors Visitors Bureau, a Clarion County Hotel Tax Project
- Farmers National Bank
- Central Electric Cooperative
- Beel’s Insurance
- C&A Trees
- J&J Feeds & Needs
- Allegheny Clarion Valley Development Corporation
- The Foxburg Team