The Allegheny RiverStone Center for the Arts has announced its First Annual Scottish Festival, at the picturesque Riverstond Farm, here in Foxburg, PA.
The event will be on Saturday, August 15, from 9am to 5pm. There will also be a festival kickoff the night before, Friday August 14, with outdoor ceilidh by Carl Peterson, at 7pm in downtown Foxburg.
Activities will include:
- Scottish athletics — caber toss and more
- Sheep dog herding demonstrations
- Special children’s programs
- Clan tents
- Pipe bands
- Traditional Scottish music
- Face painting
- Horse-drawn carriage rides and waggonette rides
- Opportunities to see Highland and Galloway cattle
- Food and vendor tents
It’s sure to be a fun day for the entire family. Join us and be Scottish for a day!
Entry fee: $5 per person, children under 12 free4